Thursday, September 27, 2012

dear B

when i was in semester 5 or 6, i can't remember...but i had this class with En Mahadi-Creative Writing...well i don't know how creative i am...or i was... well, at least i tried to be one...and i wrote something about you and Garfield...we had to write a character sketch...how a person that we love could resemble the other things or err pets...i'm not sure you have read coz i remembered emailing  it to you years back...so, here it is...

 
It all started in a rainy day. Raindrops were dropping heavily from the cloudy cloud. I was busy putting all my shoes in the boxes. My mum had been nagging me to make sure that all those shoes would not be ruined since it was raining heavily. While I was busy arranging the shoe boxes on the shoe racks, I saw a small orange kitten running helplessly towards me. His body was all wet and he was freezing. He looked at me as if he needed some helps. I put away the last pair shoes in the box and straightaway took the orange cat. I wrapped a small towel around him and let him dried. I gave him milk and Science Diet. Bokbok, my ‘little sister’ wouldn’t want to eat anything than Science Diet. The little orange cat didn’t want to eat but he just kept staring at me. I was touched by his look. He’s small, skinny and his paws were burnt. I put him in a cage and wrapped him around with a piece of cloth. He slept silently until my mum saw him and demanded an explanation from me. I was stuttering to explain to her because she had warned me that no more kitten in the house. My mom’s voice was still echoing in my ears shouting “Throw away that cat! I don’t want to have anymore cat in this house. One is enough!” I didn’t know what to say till I saw my neighbor was standing in front of our door and asking for her lost cat. Sadly, I gave the little orange to her and stamped my feet to my bedroom. I liked that cat. I knew that he was the one for me. The way he looked at me as if he’s in big trouble and needed some help.
 
The next day, I was reading my book on the bench in my yard when I saw that little kitten walking towards me. I closed the book and picked him up. He stared at me with his orange eyes. I didn’t know what happened to me but as I looked into his eyes, I felt like I wanted to cry. He was so vulnerable and his fur was thick, long and soft even though he was skinny. I put him on my lap and patted him and suddenly he fell asleep. As I patted him, the more the feelings inside me wanted him to be my pet. I’d do whatever it took to have that little orange cat. I had lost my Smokey before and I don’t want to lose this one. My mom had let Smokey out during the night and had caused him dead in the morning. I needed to have ‘someone’ where I could talk and that ‘person’ would be this little cat.
 
Quickly, I gave the little orange cat some medicine to kill the worms inside his stomach. Since he kept coming to our house and I had given him those vaccine, my mom let me to have him in the house. I was the happiest person in the world and since his color is orange I called him Garfield. I wanted him to be like Garfield , big, fat and lazy. Ha ha. At first, he didn’t change at all. He was still the skinny little cat, where my father used to mock him. But slowly, he began to change. He was not the skinny little cat anymore. He loves to eat and he could eat and eat and eat all day. He had transformed from ugly duckling to a beautiful swan. At first, nobody liked him because of his skinny-bone. I was the only one who wanted to play with him, talked to him, patted him and hugged him. Since he has transformed into a real Garfield , the whole family members suddenly started to like him. My mom kept telling her friends about Garfield every time they came for a visit.
 
Garfield is so special to me. He is like a best friend to me. I could feel that he knew every single thing that I have told him. When I cried, he would be beside me, curled up his fat body next to me. The feeling was indescribable because no matter what happened I know that he would be there for me. He would look into my eyes as if he’s telling me that everything would be fine. I know he wouldn’t want me to be sad. I know he wouldn’t want to see me crying all day. I’d be lost without him. I could still remember, every time I called his name, he would come to me. I knew that he knew his name was Garfield .
 
Sometimes, I would think what would happen if he’s not here anymore. I don’t want that moment to happen because I love him so much. Nobody could replace him from my heart. Every single day, my love to him grows stronger every day. I wish I could have him with me now.I wish he could understand that I love him so much and I don’t want anyone else other than him. He’s the only one who makes me happy and he’s the one who makes me cry. He colors my world every day with his laughter. He’s the one who always make me laugh. There were times where he did something bad but I couldn’t bring myself to hate him. Every time I scolded him, I’d feel terrible and it wasn’t my intention to do that.
I always hope that he could understand my feelings and be the one who will make me happy, make me laugh all the time. and i really hope he will still wipe my tears..whenever i cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment